Saturday, September 5, 2009

I can't explain . . .

What I have been feeling with all the emotions that have been surging through my body, mind and spirit. I finally told my family about my husband and daughter only because of the tragedy that unfolded a week and a half ago. But to understand it, I have to start at the beginning.

It all started in April, the 9th to be exact. That day I woke up late the same as any other day where I am working late evening shift. I took my medications but for some reason I took more than I should have, I didn't care I, I was fed up with the "crap" that life was dealing me. I walked to my physiotherapy appointment around noon and woke up in the hospital around midnight. I had nearly succeeded in taking my own life but I guess God had other plans for me.

Less than a week later my boyfriend of 10 years broke up with me. I was shocked but after the shock wore off I was happier because I had been miserable for the past 10 years. There was no love, he was more of a best friend than anything.

No comments: